How to Get a US IP Address Anywhere with Keepgo Lines
There are many reasons why you may need to get a US IP address. You may be leaving for a couple of weeks and getting a US IP service you can access your local web portals. You may be a big fan of American streaming sites, and a US IP address lets you unblock any of them and enjoy other goodies from any place in the world.
Whatever is the case, if you need a US IP address, there are many VPN services that you can opt for. Many of them provide you with a free US IP address so you will be able to access your favorite American movies, TV shows, and sporting events made in the US.
The proliferation of the Internet has made more services and information available to a wide range of people. In most cases, you can easily access a variety of media from anywhere in the world, there are still some restrictions that can stand in the way. Luckily, there are many services that let you get around these frustrating situations. One of the most common solutions if changing your IP address to the one that’s located in the US. It’s easy to trick content blockers with US IP services that we are going to discuss in this post.
Disclosure: this article may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links.
How to Get a US IP Address
Using your Keepgo line, you can get a US IP address from outside America so you can access your favorite shows, content and apps from any place in the world.
To get a US IP address, just follow these steps:
- Install Keepgo SIM card in your device or connect to Keepgo WiFi hotspot.
- Once connected, download VPN software or an app, and sign up for the service.
- Clear cookies and restart your device to remove old location identifiers.
- Log in to your VPN provider and connect to a server in the US.
- Access your preferred US websites like you normally would.
Top US IP Services
Check a list of the top-recommended VPN services that let you get a US IP address from outside America so that you can access your favorite shows and content from anywhere in the world. The software is compatible with the most popular devices, including Mac, Windows desktop PCs, Android and iOS devices, Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, and others.
NordVPN is the US IP service best suited for advanced users looking for customized options coupled with tier-1 service. It lets you choose servers based on such requirements as anti-DDoS, video streaming, double VPN, Tor over VPN, or P2P. The VPN server operates on 5,000+ servers in total, most of which are located in the US. The VPN service can unlock content from Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, etc.
NordVPN uses the 256-bit AES protocol encryption standard coupled with 2,048-bit SSL keys. DNS leak protection is enabled. It holds zero user data – this includes browsing habits, timestamps, and server information.
The VPN service is well suited to be used inside the US and outside the country. It has a whopping number of 3,000 servers in 160 locations and 94 countries. It provides ultra-fast US based server choices, with smart selection wizards, and 24/7 live chat assistance.
Using ExpressXPN, you can use BBC iPlayer inside the states, watch Hulu outside the US, etc. It’s safe to use thanks to the Bitcoin payment, DNS protection, clear no-logging policy, P2P support, etc.
You should keep in mind while choosing this US IP service that you can use up to five devices at once, which is less than other VPN services that we described in this article.
Windscribe VPN service is available for free and premium access. The service boasts state-of-the-art security, with robust AES encryption and support for multiple VPN protocols. It also delivers generous data allowance, meaning that you can stream your favorite shows in high definition for several hours in a row.
Both free and premium users can access many Windscribe features, including ad and malware blocking. It also includes a firewall that blocks all traffic outside the VPN’s secure tunnel, which prevents any unexpected leaks.
Using Windscribe for free, you are restricted to access servers in only the US, the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, and Switzerland. A limited selection of servers means you can’t use Windscribe to unblock content from outside these regions.
VirtualShield protects your identity online and provides you with uninterrupted connectivity with servers located in 10 countries, including the US, Canada, France, the Netherlands, India, Australia, Japan, the United Kingdom, Japan, and Singapore. The VPN service uses up to 256-bit encryption to keep your data safe. The VPN service is a multi-platform solution that offers apps for Windows, Android, and MacOS users:
- The Windows app supports the TCP, UDP, and L2TP protocols;
- The Android and MacOS apps support the TCP and UDP protocols.
VirtualShield VPN service doesn’t monitor your online activity and doesn’t record the websites you have visited or the data that you downloaded. It runs a temporary connection log that is removed once you disconnect.
FastestVPN is a truly fast VPN service based on the Cayman Island. It has P2P-friendly servers in 39 locations across 31 countries. Choosing this VPN service, you will get ad and malware blocking features, DNS leak protection, kill switches that protect your identity, and more handy add-ons. It offers custom apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, along with Chrome and Firefox extensions. Choosing FastestVPN, you get not only the fastest VPN service in the market, but also an opportunity to unblock Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and more. 24/7 support via live chat is bundled.
In addition to a solid VPN service that protects your web traffic, TorGuard provides a bunch of handy add-ons,including streaming and residential IPs for multiple countries and US states, letting you unblock just about anything in your destination country. TorGuard offers 3,000+ servers in 68 locations across 55 countries. The servers are distributed all across the Americas, Asia, and Europe. It supports different VPN protocols, including OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP, and IPSec. It also supports “Stealth” VPN protocols that use SSL VPN to prevent an entity from blocking the VPN traffic.
Hide.me is one of the fastest VPN providers that keep zero logs of users’ activity and metadata. The service offers applications available for Windows, MacOS, Android, and Windows Phone. It lets you choose from different available protocols. Yet, it’s better to choose OpenVPN for better security. Every VPN connection nets you 256-bit AES encryption, which is more than enough to keep your connection private. Still, if you need to get a US IP address to unlock such services as Netflix, then you’d better look for a different option.
PureVPN is a go-to service for fast and unrestricted Internet access. It has 2,000+ servers in 140+ countries, including the US. Besides high connectivity speeds, the VPN service offers unlimited bandwidth, DNS leak protection, a zero-logging policy, along with a strong encryption policy.
PureVPN has about 13 server locations in the US, including cities like New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Tampa, etc. In general, there are over 85 server distributed throughout the US cities, giving you more options of getting a US IP address with reliable connection.
How to Choose a Great VPN
There is a growing number of VPN services providers, so finding the one that will be a perfect match for you requires some research. No matter what country you live in, check the criteria below to find the best VPN services that offer free US IP addresses to you.
- Server distribution. To get a free US IP address you need a VPN service with servers located in the US. Most good quality VPN providers have dozens of servers located throughout the United States. Any option that is located closer to your physical location will provide you with a faster connection.
- Logging policy. When you use a VPN service, be aware they send all of your data to another company’s servers. Third-party companies can keep your logs and user activities, and keep them indefinitely. It can make your personal data an easy target for hackers. That’s why it will be a better option to choose VPN services with zero-logging policies.
- Speed. The US is oceans away from the rest of the world. A good VPN service can compensate for speed issues by fine-tuning their networks to deliver faster connections.
- Business jurisdiction. US laws do very little to protect user privacy. Besides the fact that VPN services provide US IP addresses for easy access to the US websites and services, US-based servers have a serious drawback - government oversight. That’s why it’s better to choose those VPN services that aren’t located in the country but still operate servers in the US. In such a way, they are governed by foreign countries' regulations and still give you the benefit of accessing your favorite platforms from US IP addresses.
Alternative Ways to Acquire a US IP Address
- If you are looking for alternative ways to acquire a US IP address rather than a VPN service, you will most likely be interested in using Tor Browser for this purpose. The service is free to use for everyone who wants to keep their identity hidden on the web. There are different ways to get a US IP address with Tor, which differ for Windows and Mac users.
- Smart DNS masks your IP address, which lets you access geo-blocked content.
- You can also use a free proxy server to get a US IP address. Proxies act as a “middle man” between you and the site that you want to access, meaning that you first visit a proxy located in the US, and then you are forwarded to the geo-blocked website that you want to reach.
VPNs are simple, easy-to-use and inexpensive ways to get a US IP address to unlock your favorite websites and services. Compared to DNS services that don’t unlock Netflix or encrypt your data, using a VPN you may rest assured that the traffic leaving your device will be encrypted, your virtual privacy will be protected, and it will be impossible to trace activity back to your location, which is essential when you try to bypass geo-restricted content laws.