Need to Call Canada from the US? Avoid Extra Fees with Internet-Calling Apps
Is it possible to make free unlimited calls from the USA to Canada? The answer depends on the service that you choose. Since Canada and the USA are two different countries, calls will be treated as international if you use landlines. Making calls this way, you’ll be charged additional fees. However, opting for Internet-calling applications, you can make unlimited phone calls using your current cellular data or connecting to a portable WiFi hotspot.
Today, you may find many options for free international calling besides a traditional landline. Your smartphone carries a range of responsibilities. The WiFi calling is made possible with many apps available for iOS and Android. Which ones can be used at the lowest cost and top privacy? Let’s see.
Why Internet-Calling Apps Are So Popular?
- Unlike traditional landlines, Internet-based calling is mostly low-cost. There is no need to switch phone carriers, opt for a different cellular plan, or buy another device to get in touch with your friends or colleagues in Canada or any other country. Generally speaking, you will be able to call Canada from the USA using Internet-based calling apps as long as there is a WiFi nearby or you have active cellular data in your plan. International calls will cost you as low as $8/1GB of data per month on Keepgo GoFi prepaid plan or $16.5/1GB valid for a lifetime on Keepgo Lifetime prepaid plan.
- Apps like TextNow and its alternatives provide free calling and texting both locally and internationally. Such apps let you make unlimited calls from the US to Canada for personal and business affairs. A second phone number can be used to boost your business, register social media accounts, as well as sign up for multiple Telegram accounts.
- Using WiFi calling apps, you get a real second phone number without the need to get a second phone or switch SIM cards. Getting a virtual phone number, you can make and receive calls and text messages from phone numbers that aren’t necessarily registered in the same application.
Internet Calling Apps – An Alternative of Calling to Canada on Landlines
Because of similar demographics and customers, many US-based businesses operate in Canada as well. Using landline numbers and mobile phone carriers to support Canadian customers makes you subject to extra fees. That is why providing Canadian customer support with Internet-calling applications is more cost-effective. Such services let you set up business phone systems that allow you to support not only Canadian clients but also people from all over the world. Internet calling applications support unlimited texting and calling services that are essential for communication with customers, partners, and team members globally.
Internet calling applications are a popular option for everyone who needs to call Canada without the fear to be charged extra fees. There are many VoIP options for Canadian calling. Except for TextNow, you can make calls through Google Voice, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc.
How to Make and Receive Free Calls
Taking the following steps, you’ll be able to make and receive free USA, Canadian, and international calls from different parts of the world.
To get started, make sure that your device is connected to the Internet. Using prepaid data-only plans of Keepgo SIM cards and WiFi hotspots, your smartphones, tablets, laptops, and WiFi-enabled devices get high-speed Internet connection on the largest nationwide LTE networks wherever you are.
American-Canadian Calling with TextNow
- Download and install TextNow on your device.
- To get started, sign up for the service.
- Choose your free USA or Canadian phone number. The app will show you a list of suggested phone numbers that you may use for free calling and texting. Pick a phone number that you enjoy and complete the setup.
American-Canadian Calling with Google Voice
If you prefer using Google Voice for free international communication, then you need to have a real USA phone number to verify the authentication of your account. The application is available for both personal and business use for organizations of any size.
- To get started, log into the app, go to settings to forward calls to Google chat. To do this, click on the Phones tab and check “Forward calls to Google chat”.
- Next, install the Groove IP app to your device. With its help, you will get a US phone number that will receive phone calls from anywhere in the world. With its help, you will be able to call and text real US and Canadian phone numbers using VoIP technology. Groove IP is compatible with any mobile phone and tablet and lets you make calls using your device’s cellular data or WiFi connection. By installing Keepgo SIM cards into your unlocked devices or connecting to WiFi hotspots, you will be able to make and receive calls without paying any roaming charges.
- Once the Groove IP app is installed, log on your Google Voice account and check “enable making calls over 3G/4G connection”. If you use WiFi connectivity, then there will be no need to enable calling over 3G/4G.
- Once you’ve completed all the aforementioned steps, you can start making and receiving free international calls.
Frequent calls to Canada from the USA may be pricey. American-Canadian families and businesses wishing to stay in touch without breaking the bank should look for alternative ways to make international calls for cheap. Using Internet-calling applications in combination with Keepgo lines, you can make free unlimited calls to Canada from the US with a real phone number. Check how it works by yourself. International calls are cheaper than you think.